Mentoring and consultations
Following the payment of 60£ I offer 60 minutes of consultation via phone call or Skype for parents
To meet the needs of busy parents we provide a service, which consist of voice recordings via Whats app.
How to book:
- Following the payment of 60£ I offer 70 minutes of vocal message and/or videos via Whats app.
- Minutes are counted on registered voice messages (please no text or phone calls) via whats app, and deducted from your initial credit.
- When we have reached nearly end of the credit you will receive an alert so that you can keep your lasts minutes for your last questions or book another hour of messages.
Mentoring and clinical supervision sessions will last 1 hour and cost £60 for a skype/video call session.
Any qualified speech and language therapist will need to be registered with The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy (RCSLT) and the Health Care Professional Council (HCPC) in order to practice. To continue to work each year each SLT will need to have completed a certain number of hours to continue their professional development and be eligible to practice.
I can offer 1:1 support sessions via skype or phone, such sessions provide the opportunity for parents, grandparents, professionals or SLT to clarify doubts, concerns and understand the child’s communication difficulties.
- If seeking further advice
- might wish to learn further techniques for a child’s communication difficulties
- discuss specific details about the child’s therapy
- any specific techniques especially for Selective Mutism
- any other new issues
How does it work?
- Each consultancy session lasts 1 hour
- These sessions are booked and paid for in advance.
- The fee for each session is £60
- I will call you via Skype or on your phone at the agreed time.
I offer a useful service to decide what steps to take:
- I suggest communication strategies specific to your child;
- I suggest a variety of games and activities to use
- I will teach you how to monitor the language and then request a visit from a professional in your area if I cannot help you directly.
How do I know if the online service is for me?
If the doubts that you have are the same as listed below, I can definitely help:
- My child does not speak at all and is over the age of one
- When is my child going to start talking?
- My child does not speak well and we do not understand what he/she want to say
- My child is exposed to two languages but he/she is not yet talking
- My child does not repeat any sounds or words
- My child speaks at home, but when she/he’s out says nothing and looks nervous
I would stress that the phone calls are on “advice” basis and I will not diagnose your child via skype or by video. This is an “indirect service” to suggest strategies, games and provide information so that you can increase your knowledge and make an informed decision on what to do next.