The phone consultation takes about 1 hour (it costs £60) and gives parents, educators, grandparents etc the opportunity to clarify doubts or concerns about their child’s linguistic and communicative development.
Online counseling does not include the provision of phonological tests, clinical assessments, but serves to orientate, and give general guidelines for your child.
If you are a parent, the topics may concern:
- Difficulties or problems with language
- Pronouncing sounds
- Selective mutism
- Specific language difficulties
- Sharing educational strategies
- Sharing your journey
I offer a useful service to decide what steps to take:
- Suggesting strategies to stimulate language and/or communication;
- Showing you how to check progress
- Suggesting games and activities
- Teaching you how to monitor your child’s language and behaviour and then request a visit from a professional in your area (if needed and if I can’t help you directly).